Thursday, March 5, 2009

New Precedent Analysis

Building Selection: Georgia Dome
Project Director/Leading Architect: Scott Braley
Completed: 1992
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

Because I couldn't go with my interest in art with the Guggenheim Museum, I have decided to research my interest in football through the Georgia Dome. I have not been able to see the structure in person, having seen pictures I have become intrigued by the massive size of the dome and how one would go about the construction of it. Through my precedent analysis I hope to learn the design process of the base as well as the dome, and I am interested to learn the effects of the Georgia dome to the design world. Because I am not familiar with the design world, other than the previously learned foundations unit, I feel this project is an opportunity at connecting the many little parts to the big picture. Perhaps after studying and becoming so familiar with the structure I will be interested in visiting it in person and I may gain an appreciate for the design process of a dome structure.

No comments:

Post a Comment